Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Digital Storytelling

I enjoyed the multimedia assignment that we did in class last week.  It was fun to collaborate on the assignment.  I feel that I am more creative when I interact and work on a project in a group.  I also enjoyed seeing the other groups contributions to the final product.  
After having read Lisa Miller's chapter on Digital Storytelling, I am feeling better about my daughter's major in visual media and communication.  Stephanie is studying film making in Prague this semester and is learning many of the skills that Miller talks about in the chapter.  I can see now how valuable these skills can be in the work place.  I am excited to think about making my own digital story.  I am just worried that I lack the technical skills to pull off a good product.  I am going to put a link here to the site I  read about on Mary's blog.  Daniel Meadow's site has some great examples of digital storytelling.         

3 comments:

  1. Pat, It would be wonderful at some point if your daughter would share some of her film with us. We both have raised Daniel Pink children and as all this evolves it's hard to see how this digital world will evolve and what life will practically look like. With all Pink's enthusiasm I kept hoping for a chapter on how you get medical insurance in the new world order! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally off topic: www.boatclub.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Pat, you have a visual artist in your family. While it's wonderful that she is in Prague right now. It's too bad that she weren't home so that the two of you could collaborate on your digital writing project together. :-)

    That said, try not to worry too much about perfecting all of the technological aspects of digital storytelling. If you have a story or issue you want to explore and some related images, your voice over narration will steal the show. The Daniel Meadow's pieces are great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete