Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The learning potentials that I see for this medium are in exploring the ethical issues involved in biological research.  The list of  topics with ethical issues that could be explored in this medium are endless. Some of the topics are stem cell research, cloning, genetically modified foods, biodiversity, and climate change.  A role playing exercise could be set up to explore these issues from different points of view.  I think students would enjoy and benefit from this type of exploration of the topic.  A  good source for issues and discussion is the site Access Excellence.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I completely agree with you about the potentials of online role-play for discussion sensitive issues such as those that come up in the sciences (bio ethics, etc.) A high school in mpls. used online role-play to debate genetically modified food and water quality.

    Let me know if you ever try it out. I'd love to lurk.

    ReplyDelete