Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In my environmental science class I have students take a side about the reintroduction of wolves into Yellowstone National Park.  They need to debate their side and then write a paper supported by research to convince the reader that their side is the correct side.  I think that the students might have more fun if they all took on the different roles of the stake holders.  It would probably end with a more dynamic discussion of the topic.  Here is a link to my role playing  simulation
http://edinaroleplay.ning.com/profile/DrSynapse.  I am not sure how to post a longer profile.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat,
    I was trying to find an article that I read about a month ago. I subscribe to a newsletter from the International Wolf Center in Ely, MN. Anyway, their website is not working properly right now. The article I read was talking about wolf reintroduction, as well as debating the endangered/vs not issue. Have you ever been to the Wolf Center? I took my daughter there a couple of years ago - what a neat place!

    ReplyDelete